We are honored by the support that we receive from the community at large.
The Sewing Labs gladly accepts 'in-kind' donations of the following items:
- Fabrics: Quilting cotton, garment fabrics, drapery, and upholstery fabrics. We kindly request that the fabric is clean and free from pet dander or moisture. Pre-washing is not mandatory. While quantities less than a yard are accepted, we prefer not to receive small scraps.
- Interfacings: Used in our garment programs, clean interfacing (fusible if applicable) with viable glue is welcome.
- Notions: All types, whether new or gently used, such as thread, zippers, pins, snaps, Velcro, sewing machine needles, and hand needles.
- Tools: Any kind, new or gently used, including scissors, rotary cutters and blades, rulers, mats, seam rippers, marking pencils, papers, chalk, etc.
- Sewing Machines: We accept all kinds, whether new or gently used. It's important that the sewing machines are in working order, have the power cord, foot pedal, and potentially some accessories. Please note that we do not accept broken or non-working sewing machines or those missing power cords or foot pedals. Donated sewing machines undergo checks for proper functionality and are gifted to our students as they progress through our programs.
Donations can be dropped off Monday through Friday, from 10 AM to 3 PM. Donations outside of these hours by appointment only.
We are immensely grateful for your financial contributions, regardless of size. Your generosity helps us provide programming and job skills training, introducing the sewing arts to a new generation. Your gift can support our general fund, or you can choose specific programs to support.
For inquiries regarding full program sponsorships or business sponsorships, please contact our Executive Director, Robyn Kerkaert, or email us at email@example.com for further details.